Wednesday, December 21, 2011

DIY: Tea Variety Gift Packages

Do you have a friend and/or family member that you need to get a gift for? Whether it is Christmas, a birthday, house-warming, etc. a Variety package is perfect! 


You can make a variety package out of teas, small coffee packages, coffee k-cups (if the person has a Keurig machine, which I love!), or hot cocoa. 

Today, I made a Tea Variety Package. I bought some of my favorite teas, a metal holiday tin, and created my own gift package. 

Here's what you'll need:

40 Individually Packaged Tea Bags (I like Twinings)
Individual Splenda packets (or sugar, Truvia, Stevia, Sweet 'n Low, etc.)
Tea Spoon (optional)
1 Rectangular Metal Tin (or any other packaging device you want to use)
1 sheet of white printer paper
Scotch tape
Scissors

Directions:

1. Cut a thin strip of white printer paper for each group of teas. 

2. Tightly wrap a thin strip around each group of teas. Cut off any excess paper, and Tape the two ends together.



3. Tape each group of teas to the bottom of the tin.


4. Cut 2 more thin strips from the printer paper. Tightly wrap groups of Splenda packets, or whatever you like in your tea. Cut off the excess paper, and tape this down. Tape these groups to the bottom of the tin.



5. Tape a teaspoon to the splenda packets.


This is the finished product! 

I always pick many different flavors of tea. Some of my favorites are:
Twinings Christmas Tea
Twinings Winter Spice
Twinings Pumpkin Spice Chai
Twinings Herbal Unwind (any flavor)

Be creative with the flavors! This will work great with individual coffee packets, k-cups, or individual hot cocoa packets. I personally prefer using teas.

No comments:

Post a Comment