Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Couple Things That Made Me Smile :)

So, last night a friend of mine sent me a link to these nifty little chopsticks. They are pretty darn cute! If you know anyone who loves to eat with chopsticks, and also loves Star Wars, then Star Wars Chopsticks  may be a great Christmas gift for that person. Although, they only come in a set of 3, so if this person has a family of 4, one of the family members may feel a little left out (unless you buy 2!)
Lucky are you to get these for Christmas. 
(Ok, so I'm not the best with Yoda-isms)



Another thing to make me smile today, was that I finally produced a french manicure that didn't look completely awful. Sure, I have to practice some more before I get hired on in a nail salon (...and I'd need to learn whatever language they speak to each other in...), but it looks pretty darn good for FREE :)


I started off by cleaning under and filing my nails. Then, I cleaned my nails (I usually do a swipe of polish remover, and then wash with soap and water). I painted on a thick layer of white nail polish (mine was Kiss brand from a french manicure kit - I didn't like the kit, but the polish works well enough). Then, with a small paintbrush, I thinned out the line, and cleaned up the edges. That is the most time consuming part of this! I cleaned the paintbrush of the polish by dipping it in polish remover occasionally (ok, so a lot), and wiping excess on the paper towel I had under all of my polishes. Once finished with both hands, I added a layer of pale pink polish over the entire nail - even the white I so meticulously shaped (again, with Kiss brand from the french manicure kit). If you do not use a kit polish, be sure to use a pale pink that is sheer! You want to see the white still. After adding the pink layer, I dipped my paintbrush in my clear top coat, and then into some loose silver glitter I had laying around from Halloween. I carefully dotted that along the inside edge of the white line (between the white and pink - sorry for the bad quality of the photo). Then I added two layers of top coat (I use Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hard as Wraps in clear - it prevents my nails from breaking and cracking).

What are some things that made you smile today??

xoxo,

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment