Saturday, August 4, 2012

"Potato" Salad

Low carb potato salad is a myth right? WRONG! Technically it is right, but this tastes like a potato salad. Can you guess what is used in place of the potatoes? Come on, guess! Can't think of anything? Ok, fine. I'll tell you. Cauliflower! I made this as a super quick side dish to go with my francheesies (bacon-wrapped cheddar-stuffed hot dogs) one night for dinner. It was an absolute hit with my mom and me.  This dish is Induction Friendly

Makes 5 (1/2 Cup) Servings

Ingredients
7 oz. by weight riced cauliflower raw 
3.25 oz. by weight cucumber, chopped
2 oz. by weight onion, chopped
1/2 C Duke's Mayo
salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste

Instructions
* To "rice" cauliflower, put through shredder attachment of food processor*
Combine all ingredients. Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.

Nutrition Info: 178 calories, 19 g fat, 1 g protein, 4 total carbs, 1.25 g fiber, 2.75 net carbs

No comments:

Post a Comment