Saturday, August 18, 2012

May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor

In honor of the release of The Hunger Games DVD, I thought I would add a post about the nails I produced for the movie theater premiere (I actually saw it a couple days later, but that is beside the point).


Please ignore how messy they are! I took the photo
before cleanup. Yikes!

What is more appropriate than the mockingjay? If you've read the books, you know the significance. If not, then read the books! (No, really, they're great!). Also, since Katniss was the "girl on fire", I thought I would do some "fire" nails. 

To make the mockingjay, I used a silver sharpie and made the design on my nail. I then went over the outline with a gold glitter polish. The fire was produced by "dotting" red, gold glitter, and a clear with iridescent glitter over the black. This was to give the illusion of the red, yellow/orange, and slight blue hues of a flame.

I honestly don't remember the colors I used for this, but the colors you need are:
black, gold glitter, red (I used a red shimmer), and clear with a blue-ish iridescent glitter (mine was a Sinful Colors brand). 

No comments:

Post a Comment