Tuesday, July 17, 2012

To Perm, or Not to Perm?

... That is the question.

This past weekend, while watching yet another marathon of Sex and the City season DVDs (season 4, I believe), my mom randomly turned to me and said, "you would look good with a perm." My mother. The same person who, 5 years ago, said, "why would you want to perm your hair?" After she said this, it got me thinking, do I want to perm my hair? Well, I think I do. I try to curl my hair all of the time. I french braid it when I get out of the shower, I use the curling iron, and I also use hot rollers. All with a can of hair spray with each attempt, only to have my hair go limp and straight after about 20 minutes.

This was an attempt using a curling iron. It was flat 20 minutes later. No joke. 

Now, I don't want a Shirley Temple perm. No. I do however want a perm that will last more than 2 weeks. I have a few friends who have gotten perms and their hair went straight again after a few short weeks. Was it the type of perm they got? I don't know. 

So, would I look good with a perm? I certainly hope so, because I think I may go ahead and do it. Along with coloring my hair a strawberry blond with light honey blonde highlights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment