Saturday, July 7, 2012

Opalescent French Manicure




Every week I ask myself, "Self, how do you want to do your nails?" This week, my response was "french manicure". I did make a little "twist" to the regular french, though. 

Back in May, I received a lovely color called "Ellie" in my Julep Maven box. It is a sheer pink opalescent color that is to die for. It seriously is one of my favorite polishes. Ever. 

Instead of using a matte sheer pink/peach on my little french manicure, I decided to use Ellie. It doesn't change it so much that you notice it right away. You only notice it when the light hits your fingernails at the right angle, but it definitely turns an "oldie, but goodie" into something "new and fresh" :) 


Items Used:
Julep Maven - Ellie
French Manicure guide strips
(I also attempted to use a Sally Hanson base coat, but the french manicure guide strips ripped off the base coat)

Little side notes:
I tried to find a link for the Ellie polish, but I could not find it on the Julep site. I am unsure if they discontinued the polish or not; however, Emma looks to be similar (I have not tried it, so cannot confirm this). Also, the Orly top coat dries very quickly, but it does cause polish to chip quickly/easily as most quick dry top coats do. If you don't mind having a manicure that chips in a few days, then go ahead and use it (I change my polish often, so I don't mind it). If you want your manicure to stay for a while, choose a different top coat.






No comments:

Post a Comment