Thursday, August 15, 2013

Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K

Photo Source

It is officially 86 days until my next 5K! I'm going to run the Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K during the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend!!! I am ecstatic! I cannot wait to run with thousands of my closest strangers friends! Not to mention Mickey and Minnie and anyone else who decides to cheer us all on. 

What am I doing to help me prepare? You may have heard of a little program called Couch to 5K. It is fabulous! They have a free app that you can download on your iPod, or android device, and it tells you when to run and walk. While that program is running, you can have your music playing in the background. If you're like me, you begin to go stir-crazy thinking about your muscles, breathing, distance remaining, etc. I definitely need something to keep my mind off of it! 

Each week, I will update you all on my C25K progress, and also provide some tunes that I found particularly helpful that week :)


No comments:

Post a Comment